It took me a while to find a meme this morning, I somehow completely forgot about the Queen's Meme for Tuesday...the brain, just not what it used to be anymore...But what a perfect meme: the Beach!! You all know how I am dying to get my butt up to New England and the beach...a little more visualization to help us along that path:
|Aaahhh, Horseneck Beach, how I long to see thee soon....|
And away we go:The Beach Meme #122
I love beaches. All beaches. Any beach. Anywhere. All are a slice of heaven on earth. Let's channel our coastlines, shall we?
1. When you take a vacation at the beach, what do you like to do the most? I love early morning or evening walks in the sand with the surf gently tickling bare feet, scouring for the perfect seashells and just getting lost in the rhythmic wash of the waves and thesmell of salty sea air...and boardwalk shopping and dining alfresco...margaritas and oysters, oh my!
2. You are on the beach enjoying the nice clean fresh air. The sunbather in the chair next to you lights up a cigarette. You do not smoke. You move your chair. Then the person you sat down beside lights up another cigarette. What would you do? And how many times would you move around the beach to get away from the carcinogens invading your vacation? Seriously, right?? I am SO thankful people are no longer allowed to smoke in restaurants--it never failed, I'd sit down and someone next to me would light up...oh puke!! I'm trying to eat!! Bleh!! But, fortunately beaches are long and wide and I tend to veer away from the crowds, so that typically helps avoid smokers in my air space.
3. Do you think smoking should be permitted on public beaches? (see #2) *Sigh* I personally wish smoking would be banned everywhere. It would be great if they could make designated smoking areas maybe, away from the water where the kids are playing. Don't breathe your cancer on my kid. Thanks.
4. Have you ever encountered a shark or other dangerous animal at the beach? Just angry crabbies, but they're not typically life threatening. Land Sharks! Fins to the left!!! Aahh, Buffett...
5. Do you prefer hotels, condos, or cottages at the beach? I prefer my HOME by the beach!! But a cottage would be incredibly awesome and romantic...
6. Describe your worst experience with accommodations at the coast. Haven't really had any bad accomodation experiences that I can remember--you're at the beach for Pete's sake, how bad can life be??
7. Describe the best beach vacation you ever had or tell us about your fantasy beach vacation! The best beach vacation is yet to be when we're finally moved and our family is finally all back together again and friends come up to visit and we can take them whale watching or seal spotting--I am so excited, it's like being a kid waiting for Christmas to get here...Soon, I hope! Soon...