So, yeah, this is where my head is and I'm supposed to come up with a blog topic this morning with all this love snoring racket going on and I can't think but gush, so I am trying a weekly meme from The Daily Meme, which is a great website for writing ideas! And today's Saturday meme is the Saturday Nine, nine random questions-sometimes with a theme, sometimes without-and this week's random nine is apparently without, so here goes:
Saturday 9: Come Dancing
1. When was the last time that you went out dancing? The last time I actually went out just to go dancing was maybe fourteen years ago?? A bunch of us went to an 80's night and had a blast just dancing, being silly, and singing all those awesome eighties tunes at the top of our lungs. I remember drinking Tequila Rose and Chambord that night...now that just makes me cringe at the sweetness--yuck! Oh my...
2. Have you ever had an argument with a teacher? Oh yes...Mr. Painter, my ninth grade Algebra teacher. We hated each other with extreme prejudice. I don't even know why. I was always a fairly decent student and really liked most of my teachers. It must have been a chemical thing. Hate. I drew on a test paper that he had specifically stated we were most certainly not to write or draw or mark upon in any way, shape or form (little rebel I was...) And the next day, after Mr. Painter saw I had defiled his precious test paper, he grabbed me by the arm and slammed me up against the blackboard in front of the entire class. I don't remember what words were said, but come on, really? A bit dramatic for a little sketching...in pencil. Easily erased. No--he'd had enough and I'd had enough and I sat in the principal's office the rest of the year during my scheduled Algebra class. Worked for me--no more Mr. Painter!! Urgh!!
3. Do you have a tough time remembering people’s names? Lately, yes, I do! That embarrasses me because I've always been excellent with names. Maybe it's just moving too much and meeting too many new people or maybe I'm just getting old and my brain can't retain so many faces with their names anymore. But, then, after putting name with face a few consecutive times, they stick. Just never used to take me that long...
4. Would you rather change your past or know your future? I certainly wouldn't want to know my future--I worry enough, I don't need to know in advance what I need to be worrying about. They'd have to up my dose of anxiety meds. My past...there is more than plenty that I'd like to change, but, you know--people always say your past is what makes you who you are today and I really wouldn't want to change who I am...took me long enough to get here.
5. What’s one thing you feel you must do in your life before it ends? That I must do? I don't know about must do--there are tons of things I want to do...Travel overseas--I'd love to go to Australia and Israel, saunter around Europe a while. I'd love to go on missionary trips. I'd love to write books (yeah, not 'a' book but books--plural! Haha!) See my baby grow up, go to college, marry the love of his life and have lots of sweet babies for Grandma to spoil. Retire in Maine with the love of my life...Paint. Go whale watching. Go to Alaska. Maybe move to Canada. It snows a lot there...Yeah, there's plenty I want to do...
6. How many credit cards do you have right now that have a zero balance? Well, the department store cards (of which we only have two: Penneys and Target) and the Discover card get paid in full at the end of every month. Our emergency card does still carry a balance but that is from my surgery earlier this year...Oh! Yeah, Lowes still needs paid off (our washer and dryer...) Otherwise, everything else is paid in cash. Period. I hate credit cards and refuse to pay interest (emergency card and Lowes are both zero percent interest--oh yeah!)
7. What is the most expensive thing you purchased this year? Cervical spine fusion surgery, shortly to be outspent in buying a new house, once this one gets sold. C'mon Buyers!
8. If you're married, this probably doesn't apply to you, but: Are you mindful about getting tested for STDs/HIV at least semi-regularly? Why/why not? Married people: Were you mindful about this type of thing when you were single? Why/why not? I never tested. I maybe should have, I wasn't always as careful as one might ought to be--I was pretty stupid in my younger years. We're all invincible, immortal when we're young. Praise God I never contracted any nasties and, happily married now, never will.
9. If you could ask the president of the United States one question, what would it be? Mr. Obama, what are you most looking forward to doing once you're voted out of office later this year?