Siiiiggghhhh....Then, a little ray of sunshiney light: my friend, Jenn, suggested I enter some art work in the arts and crafts exhibition for the Butler Farm Show this week. Hmm...Then she said you get a free admission pass for each entry. Really?! Sold! I'm such a sucker for anything free! I snapped up my zendala from last week's challenge and slapped it on a piece of black posterboard background then slipped it into an old black frame-viola! One free admission to the Farm Show! Sweet! Dropped that off yesterday afternoon--wish me luck! I've never done anything like that before, so kinda nervous but pretty excited all the same!
And I've had a good week playing artistically (pics pics pics Wednesday!!) and hubster said I could get me some groovy new watercolor pens! His exact words: "Whatever you need, babe. I want you to have whatever you need." God I love him! So painted and played and scribbled down lots of bubbly inspired ideas that popped into my head...Lots of fun coming up! Yay! So that really helped turn the mood around as well. Thank you, lovie!!
I have lots of pics to include for my gratitude list this week, so here we go:
544. Spending an afternoon tie dying Tshirts with my Bug
546. Wood pile eyesore all gone! Thank you Michels!!
547. Discovering this new blog-sometimes I just keep it open on another tab so I can listen to the ocean sounds and dream about being in MA with my love...soon...soon...
548. Bug talking on the phone and playing on the computer with one of his very first friends, Ian, from Ohio. Then I got to talk with Ian's mom, Tiz, for the first time in seven years--that's sad! And I cried...love those guys!!
549. God's glorious love--so amazing, so thankful He's got me!!
550. Jen Hatmaker's 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess--yes, still reading it but almost done! Just get it and read it!! Because I said so!
551. Starting seven sacred pauses. Okay, six. I'm really, honestly, not getting up at midnight to pray 'cuz then I'll never get back to sleep--sorry!!
552. Date Day with my Bug! We had burgers and barbecue at When Pigs Fly (their hot barbecue sauce is SUPER hot! But Yum!!) and a quick browse through the Art Center. Groovy day!
553. Finding this little guy in our weeding pile (we named him Charlie):
|I used to be totally creeped out by Cicadas, but Charlie was so sweet! How cute is he???|
|That's one big bug...|
|Nom! Nom! Nom! Yeah...that's my Bug (he didn't really eat Charlie--we put him up in the holly tree....)|
545. My new Idea Planner/Journal!
|Got this great idea from Beneath the Surface this week! Love!!|
|Hoggin' up my seat...|
|Mama's Boo Baby|
|Bug 'n Boo|
|My friend Jenn made these for me--is that not the cutest towel you've ever seen?? My Maine lobster!! She's so talented!|
Lord, open my eyes that I may see the giftedness of my life
and let my life be a hymn of praise and thanksgiving.
~from 40 Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Count along with us: