So I've been gone a little while...The end of summer became a bitter pill to swallow knowing Michael would have to start school here rather than in his new school up north, and also realizing he and I would be celebrating his birthday alone here as well. This has gotten to be almost more than I can take. I was mad at Bill, then I wasn't mad at Bill--this time apart wasn't his intention. A lot of tears. Houses came and went up in MA. Nothing seemed to be falling into place. I don't understand why this has been so difficult this time. Then finally...an offer Bill made on a house there was accepted at last. It may not be until the end of the month, or even the very beginning of October, but we will finally have our family together again-Sissie included...for good. Clouds were lifting--hallelujah!
It's hard to write when you're in that dark place. I'm actually amazed that I've been tangling and painting, though that's been such a needed diversion. Bug went off to school and the house got quiet. I started packing again. I've been trying to reconfigure what my morning and daily schedule will look like after we move since school starts an hour earlier up north, and I will have to drive him there and pick him up every day. But, that's a good problem to mull over and it will sort itself out once we're there and settled. All in time...
I had also shut myself off to the good things God was still pouring into my life. I wasn't going to be thankful when I was so busy hurting and feeling resentful. But then I started the Hello Mornings challenge at Inspired to Action, and the Bible study we're doing on 1 Peter began softening my heart again. That God...He doesn't let go. Thank goodness! So, I started keeping track again--a little bit. I plan to do better this week.
575. A little (50% off) retail therapy at Michaels (my happy place!) to get a gorgeous set of Derwent Inktense Watercolor pencils--they are divine!
576. Finally!! Under contract for a house in MA, two and a half miles from Bill's sister's house (I could run there!) Light at the end of this long, long tunnel....We're almost there!
577. A free celebratory latte at Sheetz (I love that place!)
578. A long overdue morning run
579. An impromptu showing over the weekend that I pray will produce an offer
580. Cool, cool rain
581. The distractions of zentangle and other art challenges and now Christmas planning (yay! It'll be here before you know it!! Trust me, I've gotten to be an expert on time flying this year...)
582. Planning, planning, planning for the new house and ready to count down the days until we're there.
So swing on over to Ann's place at Holy Experience and link up with your own list of thankfulness and print out the new September Joy Dare. As Ann says, "Happy Blessed September! Best month yet?" I think so...I think so.